It’s no secret that my girls love to eat. Food is definitely the way to their hearts. They get it from their father. I sometimes cannot keep up. After school is the worst. I never know if I should increase the cake quota by letting them have another bit, or do I shove an unfullfilling apple in their mouths? I try and keep their foods healthy and clean, but not boring. Daddy is the chip or pie man. I am the wholesome home-cooked from scratch even if it does my head in kinda gal. I feel less guilty that way. Oh the ‘mother guilt’!
Today’s offering isn’t paleo, but I know what is in it, and that has to be a good thing.
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 spoonful caster sugar (any sized spoon – depends on how sweet you like your pancakes!)
- miscellaneous surprise additions – chocolate bits, chopped banana, chopped strawberries, apples, dried apricot – use your imagination!
- Throw the flour, egg, sugar and milk into a bowl and whisk until there are no more lumps. You may choose to (use slave labour) have small helpers – they love it!
- Spray or grease a muffin tray, or use little silicone muffin moulds
- Plonk a spoonful of pancake batter into each mould – I managed 10 ‘muffins’ out of the mix.
- Sprinkle a small selection of surprises on top – I used crumbled chocolate, dried apricots, bananas and strawberries
- Bung in the oven for approx. 15 minutes (I say approx because my oven door is held ‘closed’ by a fork – and I cannot be precise about these things!)
- Feed them to the hungry hordes and sit back and marvel at your baking skills!
- [img src=”http://kylieclark.com/blog/wp-content/myimages/2013-08-28-at-12.18.33-copy.jpg” alt=”” width=”900″ height=”675″ class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-3988″]
(please excuse the horrendously horrid photograph – for a fabulous photo-taker, I did a crap job!)